QNAP provides limited hardware warranty service that covers all our products. The standard warranty comes with no hidden fees or additional costs. Users who want to avail standard warranty services only need to call or email their nearest QNAP retailer.» Check Standard Warranty
Product Registration and Extended Warranty
If you need more than the standard warranty, you can purchase the QNAP Extended Warranty Service (QEWS) for additional coverage.
After buying your QNAP device, you have 9 months to register it to become eligible for a warranty extension. Purchasing an extension can stretch your warranty coverage to up to 5 years.
Note: A QNAP ID is required to purchase extended warranty.
Warranty Extension Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully the terms and conditions of QNAP® Systems, Inc. and its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as "QNAP") official website and Warranty Extension Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "Term") before purchasing a QNAP product (hereinafter referred to as "Product").
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, US California Consumer Privacy Act and other applicable laws and regulations, QNAP can process the personal data of any identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as “Data Subject”) only to fulfill contractual obligations or to preserve overriding legitimate interests.
Warranty Extension Eligibility
- The warranty extension only extends the warranty period of your Product. It does not affect your warranty rights. The original warranty terms and conditions will continue to apply during the extended warranty period.
- The Term only applies to Products that cannot be used properly due to defects caused during manufacturing or by any of the materials used. For any Product defects that result from the said causes, QNAP will provide repair or replacement services within the warranty extension period.
- QNAP will provide repair or replacement services if the Product does not function properly during the extended warranty period, please return the Product as instructed by QNAP. QNAP will repair or replace the Product with new or used components with performance equal to the original components. If the components are unavailable, QNAP will replace the original component with a higher-performing component.
- The Term extension does not apply to non-QNAP brand hardware or software Products, even if these Products are packaged with or bound to the QNAP Product.
- The warranty extension is limited to Products purchased by individuals or organizations from QNAP or its authorized distributors and retailers.
- QNAP does not provide cross-border support under the warranty extension.
- The Product is a hard disk-free device. QNAP does not guarantee the compatibility of its Products with third-party Products or peripheral Products. Under no circumstances does QNAP guarantee any damage to the data stored on the Product.
2. Non-warranty Products
The warranty extension does not cover the following：
- Products with invalid warranty extension periods；
- Products with removed, damaged, or unrecognizable warranty extension labels；
- Products that cannot be identified with serial numbers or bar codes；
- Products that have been tampered with or repaired by third parties or unauthorized QNAP personnel；
- Improper use or handling of the Product's physical components during hardware installation and other manual operations that do not follow Product manual instructions；
- Force majeure or acts of God such as floods, lightning, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, accidents, insects, war, vandalism, theft, power outages, or low voltage disturbances；
- Peripheral Products and other external devices including hard drives, batteries (including built-in batteries), accessories, and expendable parts such as slides, hard drives, and flash storage devices；
If the warranty extension of the Product has expired, QNAP provides Out-of-Warranty RMA Service.
3. Purchase Requirements
You can purchase, register and activate a warranty extension on QNAP official website within 9 months after your Product purchase. Otherwise, you cannot purchase a warranty extension but you can still register your Product on QNAP official website. An original Product invoice is required to purchase a warranty extension. You need to upload your invoice to complete the warranty extension process.
4. Repair and Replacement Terms of Service
- QNAP will provide you services upon receipt of your request. QNAP will provide services using new or used components with equivalent performance. If the components are unavailable, QNAP will replace your original component with a higher performance component, and will charge the price difference with your consent.
- Before using the extended warranty repair service, you are responsible for backing up your data and removing any confidential, exclusive and private information. QNAP is not responsible for loss, recovery, or compromise of existing data, programs or loss of equipment.
- QNAP will repair or replace your Product within a reasonable amount of time. Upon your receipt of the repaired or replaced Product, the remainder of your warranty period will be one of the following, whichever is longer.
- 90 days starting from your receipt of the repaired or replaced Product; or
- The remaining days of your extended warranty period in addition to the number of days your Product was processed—starting from your request for service until your receipt of the repaired or replaced Product.
- Each party will pay for one-way shipping cost, for example, you will be charged freight costs involved in delivering the malfunctioning Product to QNAP, and QNAP will cover the freight costs for returning the replaced or repaired Product to you.
5. Limitation of Liability
- QNAP is not liable if it is found to be free of defects or due to unauthorized repairs caused by improper use, negligence, improper installation or testing.
- You consent that QNAP may download or use software on the Product, collect system data, remotely control this Product, or modify the system settings of this Product during remote support. QNAP may obtain system information on the Product and surrounding related devices, including but not limited to system logs, statistics, system configuration, and application activation records. Before initiating remote support, please confirm that any private or confidential information has been moved, backed up, deleted, or encrypted, and you agree that QNAP will under no circumstances be liable for any damage or loss of your data during this period. Please do not agree with remote support if you do not agree with QNAP's access to your Product.
- In no event that QNAP and its partners or its employees, shareholders, contractors, and other damages (including but not limited to hardware and system damage, loss of data, any other financial loss), or any interruption of remote support services, or any content obtained through remote support services, assumes no responsibility.
- In no event shall QNAP's liability under the warranty extension exceed the total value of the amount you paid for the Product.
- QNAP does not recognize any warranties, whether not expressly specified in law or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability or warranties of a particular purpose. Except for these terms, QNAP shall under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special or indirect damages, including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of data, loss of use or loss of equipment, facilities or business interruption.
- You are ineligible to refunds, discount, or Product replacements under this warranty extension, unless otherwise specified by law.
- It is your responsibility to backup all existing data, software, and programs, and delete all existing data before sending the Product for warranty extension services. QNAP is not responsible for loss, recovery, or compromise of existing data, programs or loss of equipment from warranty extension services provided by QNAP.
- It is your responsibility to guarantee the Product does not contain illegal files or data.
- QNAP might install system software updates as part of its service to prevent your Product system software from reverting to an earlier version.
- Third-party applications installed on your Product might be incompatible or unable to work on your Product following the system software update.
- If any provision of the Term or if its application is deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality, or enforceability of any other provisions and applications herein shall not, in any way, be affected or impaired.
- QNAP reserves the right to change this Term at any time.
- You can visit (LINK) at any time to check the repair order status information.
- The Terms stated here is written in multi-languages. In case of any discrepancies between the Chinese and other language versions, the Chinese version prevails.
- Purchase under these Terms is only available to persons who have reached the age of majority.
7. Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
Any disputes, claims, or controversies in connection with or arising from the Terms, its construction, existence, interpretation, validity, or any breach hereof which cannot be amicably settled between you and QNAP, will be finally and exclusively resolved by arbitration under the laws of Taiwan, R.O.C. and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the District Court of Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.. unless other terms and conditions are applicable in your country.
For any questions about the warranty extension, contact customer support through the QNAP Helpdesk.
Service Hours: 09:30–18:00, Mon - Fri (GMT+8)
TEL: +886-2-2641 2000
3F., No.22, Zhongxing Road, Xizhi District, New Taipei City, 221, Taiwan